Superintendent of Sanitation
Supervisor of Sanitation
The mission of the Sanitation Division is to protect the environment, public health and enhance the quality of life in the community by providing solid waste collection service in a convenient, economical and environmentally friendly manner.
North Augusta provides household garbage, recycling collection, yard waste, and bulk item pickup services once a week for each residential customer. Regular residential collection days are Monday - Thursday, unless altered in observance of holidays.
Compost Bins are available!
According to the U.S. EPA, the average American throws away 1.3 lbs (.6 Kg) of food scraps daily; 475 pounds per year. Food waste and yard trimming comprise 24% of the U.S. Municipal solid waste stream.
When food waste goes to landfills, the end product is methane, one of the most harmful greenhouse gases
North Augusta, through a grant through the SC Department of Health and Environmental Control has Earth Machine compost bins for sale. For more information the earth machine and how to order one today, click the link below!
Place roll cart on curb on designated pickup day
Roll Cart should contain:
- Bagged Household Garbage
- Blue Bags with Recyclables
For more information on Do's and Don't, click here!
- Flatten all cardboard and place at curb alongside roll cart
- Excess Blue Bags with Recyclables may placed curbside
Click here for more information about Recycling
- Yard waste is collected separately from household garbage/recyclables on the same collection day.
- Yard waste, which includes leaves, limbs and grass clippings, should be bagged or neatly piled in the front yard behind the curb or edge of pavement.
Click here for more information.
The city will pick up large and/or bulky discarded household items which will not fit into the roll-cart container.
- Discarded furniture
- Large appliances, etc.
- TVs & Computer Monitors (See Utility billing for added $25 per item E-Waste item)
The items should not exceed four (4) feet in diameter, ten (10) feet in length, or 200 pounds and should be placed at the curb on the regular collection day.
The city provides garbage collection services to commercial businesses and multi-family complexes both inside and outside the city limits. Commercial containers are available in 2, 3, 4, 6 or 8 cubic yard sizes.
- For more information or to establish service, call 803.441.4212 or 803.441.4219.
- Commercial recycling containers are also available by calling the Sanitation Services department at 803.441.4249 or 803.441.4297.
You Can Help
Rain water can enter into roll carts and dumpsters when the lid is left open. The water can ruin potential recyclables from being recovered.
Always remember to please close the lid to roll carts and dumpsters after use!
Documents and Publications